Tecbond 9040-CT Polyurethane Adhesive
A true problem solving PU hot melt adhesive that dispenses and initially sets like a normal hot melt adhesive but then over a period of several days cures to improve heat and chemical resistance.
Tecbond 9040-CT PU is a polyurethane reactive hot melt adhesive that dispenses and initially sets like a normal hot melt adhesive but then over a period of several days cures to improve heat and chemical resistance.
Tecbond 9040-CT is a very long open time clear adhesive that forms tough flexible bonds on a many substrates.
Suitable for general purpose bonding on most materials including wood, paper, board, PU foam, glass, fabrics, UPVC, PVC rigid and plasticised, ABS, Melamine, Polycarbonate, Polyamides, Epoxies, Polyesters and metals.
Not suitable for Polypropylene or Polyethylene
Once cured, heat, water and chemical resistance are improved so automotive applications with trim and filter components are possible. Dry cleaning, machine washing and dishwasher resistant bonds can also be made with some substrates.
Curing relies on moisture from the atmosphere so at least one porous substrate is preferred.
Tecbond 9040-CT is applied via a Tec 1050 glue gun only.
Main Benefits of Tecbond 9040-CT Reactive Hot-Melt Adhesive:
• Superior strength compared to conventional adhesives.
• Versatile: they will bond PVC, ABS, melamine, decorative laminate, metals, most plastics, foam and glass.
• Heat resistance: above 100ºC (can be above 130ºC dependant upon the adhesives used)
• Chemical Resistance: resistant to migratory oils, plasticisers, water, lacquers & solvents
• Low application temperatures: usually 120ºC (std. hot-melts are applied 160-200ºC)
• Cost-Effective: although traditionally viewed as expensive, the high performance and ease of use combine to make them extremely affordable
• Low cost application equipment (Tec 1050 glue gun)
For more details please call 0161 627 1001 or email: email@example.com