Autumn to Spring there is always a risk during this period that temperature could plummet below 5c !
Kenyon PVAc adhesives need protecting from the cold weather to prevent the risk of it impacting the adhesives performance. As a general rule we will not ship Kenyon PVAc adhesives on a Friday during the colder months as there is a risk of the adhesive not being stored suitably over the weekend !
Cold temperatures affect the adhesive performance!
- Colder temperatures increase the adhesive viscosity making the product thicker
- Increase viscosity slows down adhesive’s ability to penetrate into the core boards
- Water releases more slowly resulting in slower curing
- Increase viscosity can cause stringing or a risk of bubbling when pressing
- If the adhesive has been subjected to frost you will notice coagulation (clumping) of the adhesive – do not use !
- Store Kenyon PVAc adhesives away from frost in tightly closed original containers between +5°C and +35°C.
- Always read the MSDS (SDS) and TDS data prior to use
Cold weather can also affect the core boards, laminates, veneers etc and ultimately impact the final bond !
For more details please contact the glue experts – 0161 627 1001