FOUNDRY TEC 501 allows very close bonds to be made with a minimum gap between sand cores. The low viscosity of this product helps prevent stringing and improves adhesive applicator output.
Foundrytec® hot melt adhesive can be used in sandcore, lost foam and lost wax foundries for mould and core assembly. Once assembled, cores and moulds can be moved, dipped and dried immediately, saving time and storage space. Application is fast and accurate using tec industrial glue guns that ensure the correct amount of adhesive is applied at the right temperature. Foundrytec® hot melt can be used as an instant clamp in conjunction with water based and other slower curing adhesives. It is also available in granular form that has class-leading viscosity stability, for consistent results and reduced downtime in lost foam tank applications.
Foundrytec® hot melts offer a range of advantages over other sealing methods:
- Increased production and high speed of set: foundrytec® hot melt adhesives offer fast (almost instant) setting speeds, helping to increase productivity
- Improved accuracy: foundrytec® hot melts offer very fast setting speeds, therefore reducing the risk of core movement
- Risk of gassing is reduced: foundrytec® adhesives offer low ash and low outgassing to protect the integrity of the core
- No solvent: foundrytec® adhesives contain no harmful chemicals or air-borne particles, negating the need for any PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Unlimited shelf life: the adhesives are clean to handle and can be stored for long periods without risk of expiry
- Cost effective: foundrytec® adhesives can be used sparingly to achieve a strong bond, in less time when compared to other bonding methods
- Reduced downtime: once the tool heats up there’s no downtime waiting for the adhesive to melt – the glue will melt on demand as the trigger is pulled
- Reduced storage: with instant bonding, core assemblies can be moved immediately – reducing storage space
All constituent parts of this adhesive have been approved by the American F.D.A under C.F.R 21.175.105 (adhesives).
- Best joint designs for hot melt gluing
- What is a cold bond ?
- Are glue sticks waterproof ?
- What is a Hot Melt Adhesive?
- What makes a Tecbond hot melt glue sticks… stick?
- Hot Melt fumes
Important: Hot Melt Adhesives do have limitations! Being a thermoplastic product hot melt adhesives soften with heat and return to a solid state by the loss of heat. With this in mind, standard hot melt adhesives are not recommended for applications subjected to heat or direct sunlight. However, we do offer grades with high heat resistance. Water and hot melt adhesives are a bad combination – standard hot melt adhesives are not waterproof and should be avoided for external applications. On saying this, we do have PUR adhesives that can be use externally and can even be dry cleaned. We strongly recommend that you thoroughly test the product and satisfy yourselves that the product is suitable for your application. This product suggested uses are a generalised suggestion and other factors may play a role in achieving the required bond, e.g. heat resistance, chemical resistance, gap filling, surface area to glue, open time or a degree of glue flexibility may be required etc.
Please contact our technical team on 0161 627 1001 to discuss your application in further detail.