The legislation according to REACH regarding the handling of diisocyanates will change on 24th August 2023. You will need to inform and train your operators using PUR Hot melts or switch to Micro Emissions (ME) PUR Read more
Edge banding hotmelt based on polyurethane in granule shape for automatic edge banding machines.
- Edge banding as from feedrates of 15 m/min
- Edging material: veneer, melamine, polyester, HPL*, PVC*, ABS*, PP*
* Suitability depends on the individual characteristics of the edging material and how it is primed. In case of thick edges pre-tests should be carried out for suitability.
- High initial strength
- Chemical cross-linking within few days
- Forms an insoluble, thermoset film
- High final bond strength
- Very high heat resistance (> 150°C) and cold flexibility
- Excellent water resistance
- Produces tight joints
- Clean working
- Particularly suitable for nozzle application
Store in the original tightly closed container in a cool, dry
Shelf-life (in unopened original packaging), months 9
Curing time to final strength 2 to 5 days
Recommended working temperature
in the melting container 120 to 140°C
at the application roller 120 to 140°C
Since the product will cure when it is exposed to moisture,
storage and application must be done under dry
conditions. For this reason, the product is delivered in
Flushing the system with TECHNOMELT PUR CLEANER 4 periodically or prior to changing to an alternative reactive hotmelt w ill reduce internal build-up of adhesive residue.